[opensuse-factory] Re: Cannot boot after upgrading to Snapshot 20180120
  • From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 19:48:11 +0100
Andrei Borzenkov writes:
It is run 10 minutes after boot *and* is scheduled to run in 7 days (or
rather "weekly" which is Monday 00:00). So you simply added additional
points in time when balance runs. Before it would run only on Monday
(also if you reboot on Monday) now it will *additionally* run on every
reboot :)

How do I get rid of this nonsense once and for all? Of course this
timer triggered today when I booted the machine and it stopped
responding right when I've had entered the password for the desktop
session. There was absolutely no indication of what is going on. I
could switch to the console, but then could not log in there either, so
of course I assumed there was something wrong entirely and rebooted
after a few minutes with absolutely no activity. Only after the reboot
I could see in the journal log that it had started to balance and
remembered that it would do this on Mondays…

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: