Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20180127 released!
On 29 January 2018 at 15:05, Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
* Peter Suetterlin <pit@xxxxxxxxxxx> [01-29-18 07:14]:

Not really this update, but I don't have the older announcement around
and this one does quite some branding updates, too:

The plasma-splash changed from the (beautiful) glowing geeko-bulb to a coarse
crayon drawing :( Is that going to be the new official one, and/or can I
the old bulb back?

the "old bulb" was much better looking imo also. I would like it back.

the preferred image is here

it goes in:

and apparently needs to be converted to "bulb.svg", also available here

note: not tried yet and bulb.svg may need to be gzip compressed to bulb.svgz

The old bulb is set to be retired with all of the other Leap 42.* branding

I'm sure our artistic contributors are happy to have your feedback,
but in the same way that "please revert everything you did, I just
want the old version" is insulting to a package maintainer, I remind
you that it's no different in this case

So please respect the work that has been done to give Leap 15 &
Tumbleweed a new lick of paint, and redirect your suggestions in a
productive & progressive direction, not a regressive one.