Aw: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Review of the week 2018/04
  • From: ub22@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 17:50:06 +0100
Hi Dominique - and supporters/team,

Gesendet: Samstag, 27. Januar 2018 um 10:27 Uhr; Von: "Dominique"

Week 4 was a good week: almost all the items from last weeks work in
progress have been ticked off already and have landed in some snapshot,
of which we have seen 6 during the last week (0119, 0120, 0121, 0122,
0124 and 0125).

At first, many thanks for your grate job - I won't miss the running
releases from Tumbleweed anymore :-D

But of course Tumbleweed would not be rolling if the developers did not
all have piled up more changes, closely following upstream projects.
Staging areas currently contain these updates for you:

Short question about the Setup/Installation routine.

I've some questions/findings which I want to discuss some findings -
to Address it later to the right ones. Due to a SMART error of a SSD
with the root filesystem/OS, I must install my private home server new.

After start from Image 20180125 and PC with two new 256GB SSDs
(for raid 1 / mirroring) - the 8 disks which contains the home/data
for the NFS server I disconnect due to safety reasons ;-) :
1. Boot manager starts
2. Before selecting "installation" change lange to German (via F2)
3. ...
4. First problem at Destination / partition
4.1 Proposal was bad and not really changeable like in the past
4.2 so I restart proposal and selected both SSDs as source
4.3 Selection of ext4 as FS (and deselection of separate home)
(due to bad experience with btrfs in the past)
4.4 Proposal was a small root with a small swap on only one disk
???? :-P whats this
4.5 selection of expert mode but again ???? - I only can select
based on existing setup in two menu items - only translation
is missing on the first the second was correct in German
4.x Inside of the partitioning program - manually reread the
disks - definition of an efi, swap and system area on each
disk (efi was mounted as /boot/efi and /boot/efi.sik,
swap and system as "raw raid") - definition of the raid
groups for swap and root
5. Installation overview screen - like known from past
But the selection of sshd activation - opening in firewall
and disabling of firewall (which makes for a server no sense)
is no more available?
6. Installation afterwords passes normally

Main Problem is the crazy proposal of the partitioning, this
shall be urgently fixed - so that is possible for beginners
to have a good proposal. And an raid 1 is today no more an
exotic setup for desctops.

Nice Weekend

  • No further messages