Re: [opensuse-factory] Steam can't start properly (success story)

On 01/28/2018 08:15 AM, Mykola Krachkovsky wrote:
Hi,
This is not a problem anymore, but maybe would be helpful for someone.

At start steam said:
Running Steam on opensuse 20180125 64-bit
STEAM_RUNTIME is enabled automatically
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steam)/version(1513371133)
libGL error: unable to load driver: i965_dri.so
libGL error: driver pointer missing
libGL error: failed to load driver: i965
libGL error: unable to load driver: i965_dri.so
libGL error: driver pointer missing
libGL error: failed to load driver: i965
libGL error: unable to load driver: swrast_dri.so
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
        Well before I reply I will say that I also have problems with steam before, however
   I currently have steam working....the newest steam does have some code to repair
    itself....so the two main problems were with old libs being installed....libstdc++6 and
    libxcb are the most problematic....deleting the versions installed by steam usually
    eliminates the problems...also I did a steam reset and I had to reinstall steam all over
    again from the internet search result not from the games repository.....good luck

And nothing happens after that. When running with STEAM_RUNTIME=0 the only
difference is:
STEAM_RUNTIME is disabled by the user

steam --reset had no noticeable effect too.

I've found some mentions in internet, but none of it seems working (maybe they
just too old, some of file aren't there anymore, and running with
STEAM_RUNTIME=0 should change something…).

There was some time ago problem with separating Mesa/Mesa-dri, so I've checked
Mesa-dri-32bit, and yes after installing it it starts, but with other problem,
forgot to copy but there was about some absent symbols in X or XCB, I'm not
sure why. I've tried to run it with STEAM_RUNTIME=0 again but after installing
libva, libvdpau I've found that openSUSE has va 2, but steam want's va 1. So
I've run with steam runtime again, and after a while it had started. I think I
had to just run steam --reset again. But nevertheless it runs properly now.