[opensuse-factory] Steam can't start properly (success story)
  • From: Mykola Krachkovsky <w01dnick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 15:15:46 +0200
Hi,
This is not a problem anymore, but maybe would be helpful for someone.

At start steam said:
Running Steam on opensuse 20180125 64-bit
STEAM_RUNTIME is enabled automatically
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steam)/version(1513371133)
libGL error: unable to load driver: i965_dri.so
libGL error: driver pointer missing
libGL error: failed to load driver: i965
libGL error: unable to load driver: i965_dri.so
libGL error: driver pointer missing
libGL error: failed to load driver: i965
libGL error: unable to load driver: swrast_dri.so
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast

And nothing happens after that. When running with STEAM_RUNTIME=0 the only
difference is:
STEAM_RUNTIME is disabled by the user

steam --reset had no noticeable effect too.

I've found some mentions in internet, but none of it seems working (maybe they
just too old, some of file aren't there anymore, and running with
STEAM_RUNTIME=0 should change something…).

There was some time ago problem with separating Mesa/Mesa-dri, so I've checked
Mesa-dri-32bit, and yes after installing it it starts, but with other problem,
forgot to copy but there was about some absent symbols in X or XCB, I'm not
sure why. I've tried to run it with STEAM_RUNTIME=0 again but after installing
libva, libvdpau I've found that openSUSE has va 2, but steam want's va 1. So
I've run with steam runtime again, and after a while it had started. I think I
had to just run steam --reset again. But nevertheless it runs properly now.

--
Kind regards,
Mykola Krachkovsky