Re: [opensuse-factory] Why has -fstack-clash-protection been added to optflags?

On 23/01/2018 11:33, Marcus Meissner wrote:
Hi,

This was me, I enabled it yesterday night again.

Can you use "gcc7" or "gcc48" from 42.3:Update?
Any chance of a gcc5 update as well?

Where is gcc5 coming from?
My home and multimedia:apps repos are fed from openSUSE:Leap:42.3:Update.

I really would like to enable this security feature.

Ciao, Marcus
gcc7 is fine for all but audacity's 42.3 build. At the onset of 42.3 audacity had a minimum gcc requirement of 4.9 so I used gcc5 and found that wxWidgets-3_0-nostl also had to be built with gcc5, updates were made but this means that newer audacity's also have to build with gcc5 for 42.3. I'm assuming that -fstack-clash-protection must be a build option which wasn't used with gcc5 and gcc6.
I'm going to wipe the multimedia:apps/audacity 42.3 binaries, it's still available in Packman for 42.3, their repos obviously don't link to 42.3 update, they should though.
Thanks
Dave P