Re: [opensuse-factory] Rust
On Tue, 2018-01-23 at 13:49 +0100, Alberto Planas Dominguez wrote:
On Tue, 2018-01-23 at 13:12 +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
On 01/23/2018 11:26 AM, Alberto Planas Dominguez wrote:
We are diverging for the main topic. Your assert is that Rust is
willing to break code that target stable-Rust in almost each
release,
and I think that this is a missunderstanding about the expectations
that are fair to use agains the compiler. That is all.

No, we are not.

Two main points are still valid:

1) Rust is not as stable as it should be for core packages.

But this is an affirmation that needs some data. As explained before
Rust stable will guarantee that the same package that compiles for one
version will compile for the next. I am still waiting for an example
where this is not true, and I am not able to see the build failure in
librsvg in OBS.

I did make one example of this:
https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2018-01/msg00488.html

granted, it's the only example I know from openSUSE Tumbleweed

Cheers
Dominique