[opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-packaging] Why has -fstack-clash-protection been added to optflags?
On Tue, 23 Jan 2018, Dave Plater wrote:

Hi I've had build failures specifically on 42.3 packages that need gcc5 and up
to build. The failures are due to -fstack-clash-protection, which only works
with gcc7, having been added to %optflags. Strangely 42.2 builds with gcc5
don't have this flag.
Is there any way to bypass this besides rewriting %optflags?
Why is this flag in 42.3 builds but not 42.2?
Why does this flag pass on gcc48?

gcc48 also supports this flag. I would suggest to change the packages
requiring the non-system gcc5 to instead require gcc7.

Dave P

Richard Biener <rguenther@xxxxxxx>
SUSE LINUX GmbH, GF: Felix Imendoerffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB
21284 (AG Nuernberg)