Re: [opensuse-factory] Cannot boot after upgrading to Snapshot 20180120
On Monday, 22 January 2018 07:43:17 GMT Oliver Kurz wrote:
On Sunday, 21 January 2018 23:16:17 CET CnZhx wrote:
Dear all,

I am wondering does anyone else have encounter a boot problem after
upgrading to Snapshot 20180120.

Are you sure your system really "stopped" or is it just taking very very
long to come up with the next point?

Thanks everyone for your attention. And special thanks to Oliver for the
remind.

Now the machine boots right into desktop after a few seconds delay at the
login prompt in booting shell. This time, it has no stop after showing the
message "Started Command Scheduler" and gives the shell login prompt right
away after the message.

It is very awkward that the system actually has no problem booting. I
booted several times last night any finally decided to boot into a
read-only snapshot for checking the mailing list.

So I made a false alarm. As I added later, this machine usually takes no
more than 20 seconds to boot into desktop (KF5). But this time, it takes a
long time to do `btrfs-balance` and other stuff making me think it actually
dead. Here is the first several entries of `blame`,
```
$ systemd-analyze blame
1min 37.267s btrfs-balance.service
33.055s purge-kernels.service
33.015s dkms.service
20.642s fstrim.service
1.620s postfix.service
1.429s firewalld.service
1.298s btrfsmaintenance-refresh.service
1.153s vboxdrv.service
1.141s tor.service
1.089s apparmor.servic
```
Maybe the OS now performs maintenance at boot because even the BtrFS now uses
systemd-timer for scheduling actions.

Best wishes,
Haoxian