Re: [opensuse-factory] Cannot boot after upgrading to Snapshot 20180120
On Sunday, 21 January 2018 23:16:17 CET CnZhx wrote:
Dear all,

I am wondering does anyone else have encounter a boot problem after
upgrading to Snapshot 20180120.

I have skipped several snapshots and upgrade my system from Snapshot
20180109 to 20180120 by issuing,

$ sudo zypper dup

zypper did pop up some information but I thought that was ok. There were two
kinds of messages:
1) Complaining that "recode" is obsoleted ( I chose to install the one from
"base" repository instead);
2) Complaining that there are 3 files from kernel 4.14.12 will be
overwritten by those from kernel 4.14.14. ( I chose "yes" for this
overwriting)

After it finished, I reboot the system but it stopped at the line "Started
Command Scheduler".

Pressing Power button to restart results the same situation. I can boot into
the "pre" snapshot though. I have not issued a rollback in case I need this
state.

In case it helps, my main system packages are from Tumbleweed repos with
several applications such as qTox, kde-telepathy, dkms_acpi_call, acpi_call
and some media related packages from other repos such as packman. Here is
the list of enabled repos,
```
# | Alias | Name | Enabled | GPG Check |
Refresh
---+----------------+-----------------------------+---------+-----------
+--------
3 | base | base | Yes | (r ) Yes |
Yes 4 | dkms_acpi_call | dkms_acpi_call | Yes | (r ) Yes
| Yes 7 | kde_fw | kde_apps | Yes | (r ) Yes
| Yes 13 | packman | packman | Yes | (r )
Yes | Yes 14 | qTox | qTox | Yes | (r
) Yes | Yes 16 | repo-non-oss | openSUSE-Tumbleweed-Non-Oss | Yes |
(r ) Yes | Yes 17 | repo-oss | openSUSE-Tumbleweed-Oss | Yes
| (r ) Yes | Yes 19 | repo-update | openSUSE-Tumbleweed-Update | Yes
| (r ) Yes | Yes 20 | ring | ring | Yes
| (r ) Yes | Yes ```

I wonder what the "ring" repo contains. Without the URL displayed I don't know
which repo that is. You can call `zypper lr --uri` to show that as well.

Are you sure your system really "stopped" or is it just taking very very long
to come up with the next point?