Re: [opensuse-factory] kgd2kgfd_probe failed
On 21-01-18 19:03, Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink wrote:
Op zondag 21 januari 2018 17:02:31 CET schreef Frans de Boer:

I keep getting the message "kgd2kfd_probe failed" message, after which
the system stops loading KDE.

I can boot, get the login screen, but some seconds thereafter the screen
freezes. I cab still switch to a console screen, but logging into the
graphical environment is not working.

I am using a laptop with an AMD A6 CPU.

Any suggestions?

Regards, Frans.
Is this Tumbleweed? If so, did you use 'zypper dup' to update?

No, I did an update with yast2 sw_single.
However, it seems to be resolved with 4.15-rc8. As I expected, it's a bug introduced around 4.14.13 or so. Earlier kernels and TW updates did not gave me that problem. So, I just wait until a proper update comes along and leave the laptop as unusable for the time being.

Regards, Frans.