[opensuse-factory] Re: Kernel Panic with snapshot 20180104
Hi Tomme!

tomtomme wrote
I had the same issue on an AMD kaveri apu.
It would reproducably kernel panic and then reboot while zypper dup
tried to install some gtk-32bit package. Just watch the process to see
at which package it hangs.
Then zypper rm the package and try zypper dup again. If you need it, you
can re-install the gtk package afterwards again.
That worked for me (TM)...
cheers, tomme

The problem is that in my case it would reproducibly panic when *removing* a
package.
I tried removing it alone (i.e. not in the process of a zypper dup), but it
would nonetheless panic the kernel.
So I had no other choice than to roll back to an earlier snapshot.

Cris

--
Sent from: http://opensuse.14.x6.nabble.com/opensuse-factory-f3292933.html