[opensuse-factory] Re: Kernel Panic with snapshot 20180104
I'm seeing the same thing here today.

After issuing zypper dup (20180110 -> 20180114) the system spontaneously
rebooted while applying updates.

I found out that I could not boot into the system with the new 4.14.12-1.8
kernel. Booting with the 4.14.11 kernel did work, so I tried to finish the
update that got previously interrupted.
I tried that at least three times, but every time when zypper was halfway
uninstalling fetchmsttfonts the kernel panicked.

After several tries I decided to go back to a safe snapshot, and that worked
perfectly. I am now again booting with kernel 4.14.12-1.5 without problems,
and I'm refraining from trying to update again until I see some news here.

Here is my /proc/cpuinfo (I am only reporting the first of my 8 cores, as
they are all identical I suppose):

Cris

--
Sent from: http://opensuse.14.x6.nabble.com/opensuse-factory-f3292933.html