[opensuse-factory] Re: [Tumbleweed] ntpd cannot be stopped cleanly
  • From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 19:37:56 +0100
Christian Boltz writes:
AppArmor profile violations are logged to
- /var/log/audit/audit.log if you have auditd running (recommended)

Yes, it was in there.

- dmesg

No.

- /var/log/messages or journal, whatever you use

No again.

The ntp.log file had complaints by ntpd about it not having permission
to create the file, but not why. I had been bitten by apparmor before
so I went looking directly and there it was. :-)

I never had issues with those clockstat files.

Well, you have to have a refclock / stratum-0 and you need to enable
logging for it.

Is /var/log/ntpstats/clockstats* the default path for them, or at least
a commonly used path? If yes, tell me which rules you had to add.
It should be possible to add them to the official profile ;-)

Thanks. I've opened bug#1076247 so you can track things.

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: