Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [Tumbleweed] ntpd cannot be stopped cleanly
Hello,

Am Sonntag, 14. Januar 2018, 17:14:23 CET schrieb Achim Gratz:

BTW, the apparmor profile for ntpd is missing a permisssion for
/var/log/ntpstats/clockstats* which is needed when there is a refclock
configured and the statistics turned on. Fixing that… and it seems
that the restart now happens as it should:

I never had issues with those clockstat files.

Is /var/log/ntpstats/clockstats* the default path for them, or at least
a commonly used path? If yes, tell me which rules you had to add.
It should be possible to add them to the official profile ;-)

I'll keep an eye on it, but it would seem that at least in my case it
was apparmor that produced the delay. Now, why is apparmor configured
so that it doesn't log this anywhere (/var/log/apparmor is empty)?

AppArmor profile violations are logged to
- /var/log/audit/audit.log if you have auditd running (recommended)
- dmesg
- /var/log/messages or journal, whatever you use

/var/log/apparmor/ is only used if you run the aa-* tools in debug mode.

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Ein Experte ist ein Mensch, den man in letzter Minute hinzuzieht,
um einen Mitschuldigen zu haben.