Re: [opensuse-factory] [Tumbleweed] ntpd cannot be stopped cleanly
14.01.2018 15:45, Achim Gratz пишет:

Somewhere between the holidays and the beginning of the new year I
noticed that stopping the NTP server daemon via systemctl takes roughly
a minute to complete. I've noticed this because it also stops the
powerdown process. The ntpd itself is terminated quickly, so things
must be hitting some timeout elsewhere.

How do you know this?

This might be the same issue as
mentioned in bug#1057637, but it seems that no action has been taken
yet.

Well, I cannot reproduce it on up to date TW (just dup'ed) so there must
be some configuration difference. In the above bug ntpd apparently is
not terminated by SIGTERM or systemd does not notice it. You say ntpd is
terminated - do you have any logs?