Re: [opensuse-factory] Just found the source of my touchpad/X11 issues. Now what?
On 2018-01-13 20:58, Hadrien Grasland wrote:

Hi all,

So, after further experiments, I narrowed all of my touchpad issues down
to a plymouth update (0.9.2 -> 0.9.3).

If I don't install the plymouth update, or if I disable plymouth after
installing the update (by adding "plymouth.enable=0" to the kernel
command line), my X process doesn't go crazy spinning on the CPU and
spamming the logs with touchpad driver errors. If I enable plymouth
again, my laptop's X server goes back into its former crazy state.

Wow!

I'm sorry to say that since about its appearance, thus years ago, I
routinely uninstall plymouth from all my systems. It has caused me and
others lots of troubles.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.