Re: [opensuse-factory] 100% X CPU usage in recent TW, seems touchpad-related
Le 10/01/2018 à 18:03, Christian Boltz a écrit :
Hello,

Am Mittwoch, 10. Januar 2018, 15:02:21 CET schrieb Knurpht - Gertjan
Lettink:
It is not possible to install older TW snapshots. That would require
copies of the repos on every snapshots, which would come at huge
costs.
Nothing is impossible ;-)

In fact, Jimmy Berry did exactly that - see
http://release-tools.opensuse.org/ for details. The article from
2017-11-22 should help to get started.

Note that I only read about this, but never used it - the software from
yesterday's snapshot is too old for me ;-)

Regards,

Christian Boltz

Hi Christian,

I'm trying this out right now, and it does indeed seem to be the perfect tool for bisecting exactly which snapshot is causing my touchpad issues :)

That being said, if it gets more popular, I do hope that someone with lots of money or spare optical fibers will donate some better hosting to Jimmy. For the purpose of downloading Tumbleweed's gigabyte-sized snapshots, a downstream bandwidth of ~20 kB/s is downright painful...

Cheers,
Hadrien