Re: [opensuse-factory] Request 545194 would cause drop of fortune
On Tue, 2018-01-09 at 19:44 +0100, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Am 09.01.2018 um 17:02 schrieb Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink:
All these packages need are maintainers. As long as nobody steps up to do
so
..... we simply cannot allow unmaintained packages / software in our
distro.
One word: exploits.

Oh, then you need to drop about one third of all that's in
openSUSE:Factory (84 of the first 200 packages in oS:F have no
maintainer set, I'm waiting for my script to finish, 11800 packages to
go ;-)

NO package in openSUSE:Factory needs a maintainer set: it inherits the
info from the devel project (which your script likely forgot to follow)

The ones that still DO have a maintainer set in oS:F directly are
probably just for legacy reasons

Cheers
Dominique