Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20171231 released!
On Monday, 8 January 2018 15:03:33 CET Stefan Dirsch wrote:
On Tue, Jan 02, 2018 at 12:45:32PM +0300, Andrei Dziahel wrote:
Hi Stefan, Dominique & all,

The recent kernel v4.14.9 release breaks NVIDIA driver. There's a
patch available on
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1028016/linux/patch-for-compiling
-v384-98-modules-with-linux-v4-14-9-/, do you mind applying it?

Thanks. It's now being applied.

Going further, would be the openQA test that tries to install NVIDIA
proprietary driver be ever accepted to general test suite? Or is there
an OBS project with "working-with-nvidia" kernel packages? Sure, these
suggestions are off top of the head, probably there is a better way to
prevent "nvidia driver doesn't compile for 3 snapshots in a row, older
kernels were just purged by purge-kernels so X doesn't run at all"
case.

I'm not aware of such an openQA test. Do we run on openQA on real hardware
with NVIDIA card meanwhile? There is no VM with NVIDIA GPU emulation
available.

No, see
https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2018-01/msg00026.html

Also as I learned the NVIDIA license is only for personal use and therefore
not making it easy for us to let openQA test it.