Re: [opensuse-factory] QGIS
On jeudi, 4 janvier 2018 16.24:13 h CET Wolfgang Bauer wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 3. Januar 2018, 11:28:54 schrieb Vojtěch Zeisek:
Current stable QGIS 2 uses
Python 2 and Qt 4, but there is beta version of version 3 based on Python
3
and Qt 5

Well, I just noticed that QGIS 2 apparently can be built with Qt5/Python 3
as well. So maybe that would be an option too (would avoid having to
disable QtWebKit).

Although, the INSTALL file (in the 2.8.15 source archive) contains this:

3.9. Building QGIS with Qt 5.x
==============================

/!\ Warning: Qt 5 is not officially supported. Building against Qt 5
libraries seems to work quite well already but be prepared that you are
one of very few with this setup. We strongly recommend using QGIS with Qt 4
for production work.

Python bindings in particular are not expected to be compatible. When Qt 5
is enabled, the build system automatically activates Python 3 and PyQt5 as
well. There are no plugins and not even the python code shipped along the
QGIS source code is compatible with PyQt5.

You have been warned.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

Well the part of loosing python support is just a no go for users
They rely to much on tons of plugins.

It seems that I've fixed now build for qgis-master, and have enough tricks to
try to restore the 2x version for TW.

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch