Re: [opensuse-factory] Nvidia driver 384.98 + latest kernel 4.14.9-1 in TW
On 04/01/18 03:35, Werner Flamme wrote:
Dave Plater [03.01.2018 09:42]:

You could have created the patch by using "diff -u
unedited-uvm8_va_block.c uvm8_va_block.c > nvidiapatch.patch", just
trying to explain what a patch is.
Dave P

The next problem is already lurking around the corner, I guess. I just
found <http://rglinuxtech.com/?p=2180>, titled "Kernel – 4.14.11 ‘Final’
Breaks NVIDIA – GPL Error.."

I love proprietary drivers...

Werner

Yes, I just discovered this :-(.

Even trying to compile the driver with the additional command
'--no-unified-memory' now fails :-(.

Thankfully the 'clean old kernels' feature left the previous kernel
(4.14.10.3) in place and I was therefore able to boot up with the
'--no-unified-memory' option in place.

BC

--
Always be nice to people on your way up -- you'll see
the same people on your way down.