Re: [opensuse-factory] systemd-presets-branding-openSUSE
On Mon, Jan 01, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:

- Move common entries into default-SUSE.preset (bsc#1060676)

Can someone either explain or better open up that bug if it's applied to
a package having "openSUSE" in its name?

This bug is essentially about the fact that copying the SLE12 variant
verbatim into a generic preset package throws years of development in
Tumbleweed away.

Creating a set of defaults for "SUSE" (which openSUSE/SLE/CAASP
essentially is) is the first step to get rid of these weird "branding"
packages, and provide just a single package with defaults that we need.
The brand we provide is "SUSE", nothing else. That several flavors
exists does not really matter. It is not obvious why someone has to take
extra actions to enable printing, or virtualization, or whatever else is
still listed in default-openSUSE.preset and default-SLE.preset.

Someone else has to invest energy to merge the packages into
systemd-presets.rpm. Until then, the default-SUSE.preset file has to be
kept in sync in all of these "branding" packages.

For short: make all changes in default-SUSE.preset.

Olaf