Re: [opensuse-factory] Installing Tumbleweed fails (nvidia?)
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <P.Suetterlin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2017 14:47:03 +0100
Bruno Friedmann wrote:

I've done recently a TW reinstallation and nouveau is not supporting my
chipset too GM107GLM [Quadro M2000M] (both screen 4k, boot uefi).
So I do the first phase of installation with nomodeset added to boot line.

Ah, should have googled that before. But I'm used to console, so the text
mode install was not really painful ;^>

Once the installation was done, adding nvidia repo, installing needed stuff
and voilĂ  !

Indeed, just did that, too - was just puzzled by the plethora of 32bit stuff
that it wanted to pull in (some 80+ packages). But they went away after I
switched zypper default to no-rem=commends....

Thanks!