[opensuse-factory] Debugging SMTP failures in KDE PIM (was Re: kmail not sending mail FIXED)
Il giorno Wed, 27 Dec 2017 17:56:00 +0700 (WIT)
constant@xxxxxxxxxxx ha scritto:

Updated repro, active and refreshed. Still no emails send. Have to go
over the web function of my ISP for my reply.

To anyone having these issues, there are a few steps you can do to help
us fixing this issue:

1. Install "kdebugsettings" and enable debug for "ksmtp". Then restart
PIM ("akonadictl restart" in a console) and try sending a mail - paste
the debug output
2. Export KSMTP_SESSION_LOG=<path> where <path> is the name of a log
file you want created, then restart PIM ("akonadictl restart") in the
same shell. Try sending a mail - all the SMTP conversation will get
logged to that file. This *includes* passwords, so if you want to paste
that output, *please remove them* beforehand.

In particular 2 is important to see where the sending of the mail fails
(the first issue was a double authentication attempt).