Re: [opensuse-factory] Unable to change Grub/Console resolution
Am 24.12.2017 um 12:22 schrieb Daniele:
Il 24/12/2017 12:00, Stefan Seyfried ha scritto:
Am 24.12.2017 um 11:45 schrieb Daniele:
HI guys, two tw system, both with nvidia cards/drivers but on one of
them, I cannot change the grub resolution. Now is something like 600x400
or 800x600.
I tried different resolution using the yast bootloader module but
nothing.

/etc/default/grub are identical on both system.

Bug ?
Hints ?

one BIOS, one EFI system?
Identical (also video BIOS version) nvidia cards?
Identical BIOS vendors / versions?

"identical" (where possible) for settings (configurations, packages..),
not hardware.

So that's probably the reason. Grub can at this stage probably only work
with what it gets from the Video BIOS. Different Hardware, different
BIOS versions / implementations, different appearance.
--
Stefan Seyfried