Re: [opensuse-factory] OBS: unresolvable: nothing provides librpm.so.7()(64bit) needed by rpmlint-mini
  • From: Stefan Brüns <stefan.bruens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2017 00:22:21 +0100
On Friday, December 22, 2017 10:14:53 PM CET Martin Wilck wrote:
On Fri, 2017-12-22 at 18:45 +0100, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar

wrote:
Is this something that is still visible as a
problem now or did the issue vanish already again?

I'm still seeing it.

If there are other repositories involved (most likely Base:System)
then
there is reason to it, as librpm.so.7 no longer exists there, but
moved
to .so.8

Yes, we're talking about Base:System. My repository is a branch of it.
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:mwilck:branches:Base:System/mul
tipath-tools

The question is how this dependency was created.
It seems to come from the buildinfo.

osc buildconfig Base:System openSUSE_Factory | grep rpmlint
Support: post-build-checks rpmlint-Factory
Support: rpmlint-Factory-strict

rpmlint-mini requires librpm.so.7, which is indeed not provided by the
"rpm" package in openSUSE:Factory any more. Apparently rpmlint-mini
would need to be rebuilt against the new library? I'll try to add it to
my project.

Martin

Unfortunately, somehow the rpmlint-mini package was screwed up hard in
Base:System for almost two weeks. The package in Base:System was a _link to
openSUSE:Factory, but had a project.diff. The project.diff no longer applied,
as openSUSE:Factory contained the changes already.

In the meantime, rpmlint* was deleted from Base:System, so the only provider
of rpmlint-mini is the inherited one from o:F, which is not installable due to
the missing librpm.so.8.

Kind regards,

Stefan

--
Stefan Brüns / Bergstraße 21 / 52062 Aachen
home: +49 241 53809034 mobile: +49 151 50412019