Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Review of the week 2017/50
On 12/22/2017 05:03 PM, Neal Gompa wrote:
* openJDK 10 will be used to build the distro packages (starting with
1222)

Umm, is OpenJDK 10 even branched? I thought we'd be transitioning to
OpenJDK 9...

OpenJDK upstream has changed their release policy. They want to release smaller
releases more often. JDK10 is planned to be released on March, 20 2018 [1].

The development cycle for JDK11 has already started and I have prepared my
first patch for this release which I am going to push tomorrow or so. I
have recently contributed so many fixes to OpenJDK upstream that I have
been promoted as a committer to the JDK project :).

So, in case there are any issues within openSUSE that anyone thinks that
should be upstreamed, please let me know. For JDK10, I have contributed
almost 20 patches to fix various issues on Linux, mostly in the Zero
port.

Adrian

[1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/10/