Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Review of the week 2017/50
On Fri, 2017-12-22 at 10:03 -0600, Neal Gompa wrote:
On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 9:41 AM, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar
<dimstar@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Looking at stagings, one can observe quite some more things shaping up
(some are a bit longer standing, as they are more complex):

* RPM 4.14

I'm eagerly anticipating this!

Me too - but you still won't be allowed to use the rich deps :)

* openJDK 10 will be used to build the distro packages (starting with
1222)

Umm, is OpenJDK 10 even branched? I thought we'd be transitioning to
OpenJDK 9...

Upstream even branched JDK 11 already. The openSUSE transition to JDK 9
was done completely a while back, mentioned in the week 37/38 review,
see

http://dominique.leuenberger.net/blog/2017/09/review-of-the-weeks-20173
7-38/

(yes, evo breaks the link as it wraps the lines - copy paste it)

* Qt 5.10 (expected in snapshot 1223+)
* Linux kernel 4.16.7 (likely also in 1223+)
* LibreOffice 6.0

So we're moving to the beta LO 6? Or we're waiting for the final first?

That's up to the package maintainer to decide; From the discussions
held so far, he's waiting at least for the RC releases. It's currently
staged and passing openQA already (and of course available for early
testers from the devel project)

Cheers,
Dominique