Re: [opensuse-factory] xdpyinfo is using 100% of one cpu
On Thu, 21 Dec 2017, 13:59:18 +0100, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [12-21-17 07:52]:
Tw 20171218

the last several mornings I have one cpu pegged at 100% by xdpyinfo.
Starts at 3:00am local time, but doesn't appear to be started by a cron
job and I cannot locate a systemd timer that appears related.

killing the two related xdpyinfo instances relieves the 100% cpu.

sorry, should have included:
X.Org version: 1.19.5
GeForce GTS 450/PCIe/SSE2
NVIDIA 387.34

can you reproduce this? If so, you should be using
"ps -fHu <user-running-xdpyinfo> | grep -C 3 xdpyinfo" or
"pstree | grep -C 3 xdpyinfo" to figure out which process was calling
xdpyinfo. If that doesn't reveil the evil, you can try brute-force using

find -x / /boot /var /usr /home -type f -print0 | xargs -0 -r fgrep -l
xdpyinfo

to get a list of files whose content reference "xdpyinfo".

HTH, cheers.

l8er
manfred