Re: [opensuse-factory] Packages for FSFE's REUSE Initiative
On 12/19/2017 04:17 PM, Carmen Bianca Bakker wrote:
`reuse` is a tool of which I am the upstream author, written for the
Free Software Foundation Europe's REUSE Initiative. The REUSE
Initiative is a set of best practices for developers to license their
software in a way that is standardised and computer-parseable. The
recommendations are broken up in three parts:

1. Provide the exact text of each license used.

2. Include a copyright notice and license in each file.

3. Provide an inventory for included software.

Hi Carmen,

most packages here at openSUSE are just downstream, so I think the use of
'reuse' is limited to checking what upstream has put in their files?

When using it upstream: is this initiative of the FSF coordinated e.g.
with the GNU standards? I didn't see any discussion about
"SPDX-License-Identifier"s on the GNU mailing lists.

Thanks & have a nice day,
Berny