Re: [opensuse-factory] Issues with claws-mail and IMAP over SSL
Hi Liam !
On Thu, 14 Dec 2017 11:44:02 +0100
Liam Proven <lproven@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 22:00:19 +0000
Luis Falcon <falcon@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I experienced that after updating Tumbleweed a week ago, the
package claws-mail won't allow IMAP connections to gmail accounts,
giving an error of "SSL/TLS handshake failed".

I experienced the same problem, against other non-Gmail secure IMAP
servers. Google suggested that others were having similar problems.

I did not go so far as you with my troubleshooting. After finding
that Thunderbird on the same machine was able to connect fine, I
simply switched to Sylpheed and recreated my filter rules.

Probably Sylpheed does not use libetpan for IMAP, and that is a life
saver :)

It's really nice to know that Sylpheed and Claws remain quite
compatible after all these years.

Thanks for the feedback !

Luis