Re: [opensuse-factory] Issues with claws-mail and IMAP over SSL
Hi Axel !

On Thu, 14 Dec 2017 14:14:58 +0100
"Axel Braun" <Axel.Braun@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Luis,

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 13. Dezember 2017 um 23:00 Uhr
Von: "Luis Falcon" <falcon@xxxxxxx>
An: opensuse-factory@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: [opensuse-factory] Issues with claws-mail and IMAP over SSL

Dear all

I experienced that after updating Tumbleweed a week ago, the
package claws-mail won't allow IMAP connections to gmail accounts,
giving an error of "SSL/TLS handshake failed".

It seems to be related to the libetpan-devel package, that is used
to compile the etpan components on Claws.

I could get it working by:

- Uninstalling the libetpan-devel package
- Downloading, compiling and installing the latest libetpan-master
- Compiling Claws against the new libs

PS: At the beginning I thought it was related to openssl-devel, so I
replaced it by libressl-devel, but after some tests it does not
seem to be the case.

libetpan was already patched for new openssl version, but remained on
version 1.6

The nice thing in OBS is that it is mostly quicker to branch and fix
than writing a bug report. You may try
https://build.opensuse.org/package/binaries/home:DocB:branches:server:mail/libetpan?repository=openSUSE_Tumbleweed
and give feedback if it works

Thanks ! That sounds reasonable :)

Actually libetpan compiles fine in both versions. So we also have to
compile claws-mail with the latest and see the behaviour.

All best
Luis