Re: [opensuse-factory] today's mandb failing
* Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@xxxxxxx> [12-11-17 13:08]:
On Mon, Dec 11, Bruno Friedmann wrote:

but I would have expected that systemd-user-man would handle that on
install.

The home directory of man has changed to /var/lib/empty, as already
used for quite some other user accounts, since /var/cache/man is
really insecure by definition of /var/cache.

But I still don't understand how /var/cache/man can become owned by
root:root. Looks like something created it before systemd-tmpfiles
or man could create it.

I suspect pbkac. I do put fingers where they do not belong.

and on all of my tw installs, /var/lib/empty is indeed, empty.