Re: [opensuse-factory] today's mandb failing
On Mon, Dec 11, Bruno Friedmann wrote:

but I would have expected that systemd-user-man would handle that on install.

The home directory of man has changed to /var/lib/empty, as already
used for quite some other user accounts, since /var/cache/man is
really insecure by definition of /var/cache.

But I still don't understand how /var/cache/man can become owned by
root:root. Looks like something created it before systemd-tmpfiles
or man could create it.

Thorsten