Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Libreoffice 6.0 (a beta1 really?)
Am 08.12.2017 um 18:31 schrieb Bruno Friedmann:
On vendredi, 8 décembre 2017 18.14:01 h CET Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar
wrote:
On Fri, 2017-12-08 at 18:04 +0100, Bruno Friedmann wrote:
* Qt 5.9.3
* Linux Kernel 4.14.4
8 KDE Applications 17.12.0
* Tomcat 9.0.2
* LibreOffice 6.0
* The YaST Team’s Libstorage-NG implementation

I'm quite surprized about having Loo 6 as it is a beta1
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/?type=rpm-x86_64&version
=6.0.0&lang=fr

I'm afraid with the incoming of qt5 integration, quite a big number
of bugs
will be discovered, but those should be handled in our devel repo no
?

May be I'm just wrong, and no sorry I've not a timeframe to pre-test
all
of what we produce on obs myself ;-)

This is the decision of the maintainer in agreement with the users.
When I asked Tom, he explicitly said 'it it passes openQA, it is ok'

Yeah but how it will work on real gpu is the crash question :-)
But then let see what will happen. Typical case of having a multiversion would
please everybody.

So far I can't say much there yet, I did not even get it to build in
Stagings yet :)
Good news :-)

I also would favour to wait for 6.0. We had early LibreOffice RCs the last times and they were pretty buggy. Some of them were pretty annoying to work with. For example copy paste in impress was broken, I always had to copy things two times to be able to paste them. This vanished only with the .2 point release.

And I wonder where the "in agreement with the users" comes from. We had a hand full of users (me also) complain here about those early releases the last times too. Are we to few? Not vocal enough? What are we expected to do?
I wonder also why libreoffice devs / users may want this. Whats their reasoning to release it so early? AFAIK LibreOffice is the only big player that does this in Tumbleweed.

However this plays out. Thanks for the great work. Tumbleweed is still my go to daily distro.