Re: [opensuse-factory] avr-gcc cannot find avr-as
On Fri, 8 Dec 2017, Klaus Kaempf wrote:

* Richard Biener <rguenther@xxxxxxx> [Dec 08. 2017 10:52]:

Where does avr-libc get its "includes" from?

http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/avr-libc/trunk/avr-libc/include/

Does it end up installing a limits.h file in include/? Maybe it just
generates it somehow?

I couldn't find any indication in this direction.

Neither cross-avr-gcc6 nor cross-avr-gcc7 seem to provide it.

... because we now remove those "fixed" host header files from
the target include/

Can you please re-enable this for cross-avr-gcc ?

I have committed a candidate fix for gcc7 to devel:gcc, let's see
how things go ...

Note that for a fully functional avr toolchain we still need a
bootstrap package to be able to build avr-libc and then with
headers available build the avr gcc runtime (cross-avr-gcc doesn't have
any libgcc or libstdc++ or such).

Richard.

--
Richard Biener <rguenther@xxxxxxx>
SUSE LINUX GmbH, GF: Felix Imendoerffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB