Re: [opensuse-factory] avr-gcc cannot find avr-as
On Fri, 8 Dec 2017, Klaus Kaempf wrote:

Sorry, I'm not sure if that is the correct list for this issue, but I
haven't found a proper one.

I have installed the packages avr-libc, cross-avr-binutils and
cross-avr-gcc from the
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/CrossToolchain:/avr/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/
repository.

When I try to compile a simple main.c with avr-gcc:

int main(void)
{
for(;;);
}

Frank, thanks for bringing this up.

I am in the process of fixing this for CrossToolchain:avr and the
following symlink helped to work around this issue

ln -sf /usr/avr/bin /usr/avr

The actual bug is in cross-avr-binutils or cross-avr-gcc who couldn't
agree on install pathes.

Maybe simply try cross-avr-gcc from Tumbleweed instead? That works fine
for me, eventually CrossToolchain:avr is dead? Note that Tumbleweed
lacks avr-libc (and eventually integration with cross-avr-gcc, didn't
try pulling avr-libc from CrossToolchain:avr and mating with
cross-avr-gcc).

Richard.

Klaus

--
Richard Biener <rguenther@xxxxxxx>
SUSE LINUX GmbH, GF: Felix Imendoerffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB