Re: [opensuse-factory] OBS: nothing provides /usr/bin/cdrdao needed by k3b
Hello,

Am Freitag, 1. Dezember 2017, 19:52:16 CET schrieb Frank Krüger:

I am puzzled, because I have installed, e.g., cdrdao which is required
by k3b:

rpm -q --whatrequires cdrdao
no package requires cdrdao

This will only catch packages that have a
Requires: cdrdao

But it will for example not notice file requires like
Requires: /usr/bin/cdrdao

I usually use rpm -e --test because that checks all types of
dependencies:

# rpm -e --test cdrdao
error: Failed dependencies:
/usr/bin/cdrdao is needed by (installed) k3b-17.08.3-1.1.x86_64

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
I have the ideal solution for you to speed up the writing of
the manuals: http://www.lipsum.com/ - I am sure almost nobody