Re: [opensuse-factory] OBS: nothing provides /usr/bin/cdrdao needed by k3b
Am 01.12.2017 um 19:41 schrieb Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink:
Op vrijdag 1 december 2017 19:09:12 CET schreef Frank Krüger:
Am 01.12.2017 um 14:44 schrieb Patrick Shanahan:
* Joerg Schilling <Joerg.Schilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [12-01-17 08:34]:
Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
* Joerg Schilling <Joerg.Schilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [12-01-17
05:36]:
[...]

Could someone enlighten me why this package that differs from the

original in the following ways:
[...]

is installed at all?

the "package" discription says

This subpackage provides symlinks for programs expecting cdrkit
program names.

and *only* contains "Symlinks for cdrkit to point to cdrtools"

OK then I may understand the problem:

If k3b believes that cdrkit is installed because the compatibility
package is there why then does it believe that cdrtools is missing?

Is it possible to unstall the compatibility but not the programs it liks
to?>
as root: zypper -v rm cdrtools-cdrkit-compat

or: rpm -q --whatrequires cdrtools-cdrkit-compat

Using *rpm -q --whatrequires cdrtools-cdrkit-compat* gives
"no package requires cdrtools-cdrkit-compat"

while "zypper se --requires cdrtools-cdrkit-compat" provides

--+-----------+-------+------------+--------+-----------

| DVDStyler | Paket | 3.0.3-3.15 | x86_64 | Packman
| DVDStyler | Paket | 3.0.3-3.15 | i586 | Packman

What do I miss?

Regards, Frank
rpm only searches the installed packages, where zypper shows you a not-
installed package,

I am puzzled, because I have installed, e.g., cdrdao which is required
by k3b:

rpm -q --whatrequires cdrdao
no package requires cdrdao

Regards, Frank