Re: [opensuse-factory] Kmail / Akonadi and PostgreSQL
  • From: Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2017 19:39:49 +0100
Op vrijdag 1 december 2017 19:07:15 CET schreef Ianseeks:
On Friday, 1 December 2017 17:16:51 GMT Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink wrote:
Hi,

FYI, after upgrading to snapshot 20171129 the above combo stopped to work.
The messages on an akonadictl restart told me it exited due to a database
inititiaded by postgres 9.6, where TW moved to 10. I used
'update-alternatives -- config postgresql' to move back to the 9.6
version, and akonadi is back in business.
I know this is not the stock config, but pg IME outperforms mysql ( at
least in akonadi's case ).

I have just finished doing the same thing after a few hours of wondering
what went wrong, should the install have changed the config or left it as
it was? I agree its definitely faster than mysql and most obviously with
fsck/vacuum.

Yup, at least twice as fast on fsck/vacuum. Also in searches. But, like also
on this list, there seems to be a bug that's causing it, so we may have to
revert the changes on a next QT update.

--
Gertjan Lettink, a.k.a. Knurpht

openSUSE Board Member