Re: [opensuse-factory] OBS: nothing provides /usr/bin/cdrdao needed by k3b
* Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [12-01-17 08:31]:

On Friday, 2017-12-01 at 08:16 -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

* Joerg Schilling <> [12-01-17 05:36]:
[...]
Could someone enlighten me why this package that differs from the
original in the following ways:
[...]
is installed at all?

the "package" discription says
This subpackage provides symlinks for programs expecting cdrkit
program names.
and *only* contains "Symlinks for cdrkit to point to cdrtools"

You talk of the cdrkit-cdrtools-compat package. I understand Joerg Schilling
is talking of the cdrkit package itself. The issue is that openSUSE is still
installing by default cdrkit, not cdrtools.

yes, I don't have and have not had cdrkit installed. openSUSE has not
installed cdrkit on any of my systems.