Re: [opensuse-factory] Bluetooth keeps failing in Tumbleweed, including the current version 20171125, Linux 4.14.1-1-default #1 SMP PREEMPT
  • From: Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 18:03:13 +0100
Op donderdag 30 november 2017 17:52:33 CET schreef Foolish Ewe:
Hello Knurpht:

I had my laptop charging overnight and bluetooth did not fail, but as an
experiment I removed the charging cable and the bluetooth went out shorty
afterwards, so perhaps you and Arjen are on to something? I've rebooted
since, while plugged in I see.

Please also try this:
Use lsusb to find the manufacturor and device ID
Now edit /etc/default/tlp ( needs root permissions ) and search for
'USB_BLACKLIST='. , and add the manufacturor and device ID between quotes,
like below.
USB_BLACKLIST="04e8:3292" for example.

This should prevent the USB device to be switched off by power saving
settings.

Before pulling the power cable I saw:

$ sudo rfkill list
[sudo] password for root: