Re: [opensuse-factory] scons is going to use python3 as interpreter
On Thu, 2017-11-23 at 14:13 +0100, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar
wrote:
Dear Tumbleweed hackers and packagers,

As you all know, python3 is 'the new thing' and pytho2 is being moved
to the background. Various packages have already been switched to be
using python3 - probably 'the easy ones' are all done. so we enter
the
jounery of more complex things.

One such package is scons, which has been switched to be using
python3
in request https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/542087

Now, scons is a bit 'special', as it is written in python and is
basiclaly compatible to python2 AND python3, BUT it parses
SConstruct/SConscript of different packages. And there the results
are
a bit mixed when it comes to python3 compliance

Martin setup a test branch where he monitors all packages in
openSUSE:Factory using scons as their build script, see
https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor/home:pluskalm:python3

FYI: scons has just been merged into openSUSE:Factory and will, from
this day forward, be using python3 as interpreter.

As per Martin's project, there are three packages not yet fixed in the
devel prj (I did not check which of those did not forward the change to
openSUSE:Factory)

The three packages knowing to break are:
* mongodb (failed already to build in oS:F before the switch)
* mypaint
* swift-im

The rest has all been addressed by various people - Thank you for that!

Cheers
Dominique
< Previous Next >