Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: libproxy error after dup
On 11/28/2017 04:35 AM, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
On Tue, 2017-11-28 at 09:22 -0300, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 6:06 AM, Andreas Schwab <schwab@xxxxxxx>
wrote:
On Nov 27 2017, Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxx> wrote:

GNOME has a similar problem (bugzilla.opensuse.org/903974 was
once
opened) and never bothered fixing, so I doubt it will be any
different
for modman.

It has to be admitted, though, doing proper symbol versioning is
easy to
get wrong, especially in C++.

Andreas.

On this case, current git of libproxy contains a bundled copy of
libmodman.it is actually pretty small, one header and once source
file.. and could be used instead on this particular case so it
doesn't
break the package manager once again..

Guys, still nobody managed to actually pinpoint what was wrong: neither
of the RPMs has had a rebuild for > 2 months.

The 'fix' was even to reinstall the same version of the same package.
So there was defintively no rebuild needed.

Can we please stop 'guessing' and get to the point where we are being
constructive again? It's tiresome to read the same over and over by
different people that did not take the time to read the rest of the
thread and understand the issue at hand first.

Thanks
Dominique

My message was not a guess.
-------------------------
https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/521178-zypper-symbol-lookup-error-usr-lib64-libproxy-so-1-undefined-symbol

installed
libmodman1-2.0.1-17.9.x86_64.rpm
from the TW repository

zypper won't work so
sudo rpm -Uvh --force ./libmodman1-2.0.1-17.9.x86_64.rpm
-------------------------

The problem raised at forums.opensuse came from someone who had Current
and Tumbleweed enabled repositories. The Current repository brought in a
higher-numbered, incompatible version of libmodman.

In my case, somehow a LEAP 42.3 repository was enabled. (I have no idea
how that happened. Probably part of a ymp and I wasn't giving adequate
attention to the install.)

I downloaded the correct version and installed it with rpm.

Then I disabled (it worked) and eventually removed the LEAP 42.3
repository after some research. Something could have been done with
priorities and locks, but it wasn't necessary.

That there were several people with the same issue makes me think that
others had something similar to the forum OP and myself.

If this is so, then I don't know how to solve _that_ problem. I don't
think that it's possible to add a repository unwittingly. And even if I
had known that the LEAP 42.3 repository was being added, I'm not sure
that I would (or even know how to) ensure that there were no such conflicts.

Whatever the cause, the issue I encountered was operator error, not any
of the internal repository issues mentioned.

< Previous Next >