Re: [opensuse-factory] Request 545194 would cause drop of fortune
  • From: Stefan Kunze <skunze@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 17:24:21 +0100
Hi Stefan,

Private mail to avoid adding to the bikeshedding problem

Products - that includes BOTH openSUSE Distributions, Leap &
Tumbleweed.

the discussion of the development of openSUSE's products - that
includes BOTH openSUSE Distributions, Leap & Tumbleweed.

The primary function of -factory has _always_ been a developer mailinglist

The above has been true since the inception of both lists and has not
changed. The only scope for clarification is the fact that Tumbleweed
transitioned from being a developer-only offering to a general
'released' offering of the openSUSE Project in 2014.

Obviously, we're a happy friendly open community, so there is room for
latitude in -factory.
We should be welcoming to outsiders, especially potential contributors
- but Carlos has established himself over the last 12 years as someone
who talks before thinking, and I fully support Henne and Martin's
efforts to remind him that when he posts knowingly ill-informed mails,
he is detracting from the intended function of the -factory list

Hope this helps

Richard Brown
openSUSE Chairman

Thank you Richard,

that clarifies things and update my knowledge.
appreciate it

thx

Stefan