Re: [opensuse-factory] Request 545194 would cause drop of fortune
  • From: "Dmitriy A. Perlow" <dap.darkness@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 06:32:58 +0300
Tue, 28 Nov 2017 01:09:35 +0300 Simon Lees <sflees@xxxxxxx> напісаў(ла):

On 28/11/17 08:30, Bjoern Voigt wrote:
Dr. Werner Fink wrote:
there is a drop request against fortune[1]. I'd like to vote not to drop
fortune even it it does not use iconv but recode.

Werner

[1] https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/545194
Could anyone please explain, why the Recode dependency of Fortune is a
problem?

Should Recode be dropped and why?

Recode is being dropped simply because it currently has no maintainer,
for a package to be in openSUSE someone has to commit to maintain it.
Whoever was doing this in the past doesn't want to anymore, so either
someone else steps in to maintain it or it gets dropped.

OK. So if I take the maintainership will nothing be dropped? Is any real problem about recode?

--
Best regards,
Dmitriy Perlow