Re: [opensuse-factory] Update to TW 20171125 crashes system
  • From: Daniel Morris <danielm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 13:27:23 +0000
On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 12:59:51PM +0000, Axel Braun wrote:

Any ideas what this could be?

btrfs filled with lots of snapshots and insufficient space to fully
extract/install the large downloaded updates? That's happened to me
a few times with a (relatively) small SSD, but not as many times as
/boot has run out of space with over the years with old kernels that
hadn't purged on ext2/3/4 (in case anyone wants to start abusing the
brilliance of btrfs) - both can be attributed to pilot error, and
sometimes we learn from our ongoing mistakes :)

Daniel