Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: libproxy error after dup
On Monday 2017-11-27 12:48, Andreas Schwab wrote:

On Nov 27 2017, Matthias Brugger <mbrugger@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I tried to do another zypper dup from the command line, in case something
didn't get updated correctly, but to my supprise I found my self with the
next error:
zypper: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/librpoxy.so.1: undefined symbol:
_ZN9libmodman14module_manager8load_dirENSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitslcESaIcEEEb

That doesn't appear to be a valid mangled symbol, it isn't recognized by
c++filt. Probably libproxy needs to be rebuilt.

The symbol and filenames were not properly transcribed into the email.
(Or when did you have a "rpoxy.so" in the system?)

-_ZN9libmodman14module_manager8load_dirENSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitslcESaIcEEEb
+_ZN9libmodman14module_manager8load_dirINSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEEEEvT_b

Given this is a template, it is conceivable that libmodman changed from
explicitly instantiating the template to implicit instantiation with
the definition being inlined, i.e. the function moved to a .h file)

modman shouldn't have done that without bumping the SONUM.