[opensuse-factory] Update to TW 20171125 crashes system
  • From: Axel Braun <axel.braun@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 12:59:51 +0000
All,

I performed this morning an upgrade from TW 20171116 to the latest TW 20171125
on my ThinkPad T520. After beeing on TW for 9 month, this was the first really
bad experience:

The system froze during the installation of
virtualbox-host-kmp-default|5.1.30_k4.13.12_1-4.1
Desktop (Plasma) was not reacting at all, needed to switch off.
After next boot, zypper dup was performed again (w/o problems), and reboot
afterwards.

After login to KDE the screen remained black, just the cursor could be moved.
Further on, no response, Session could not be killed with CRTL-ALT-Backspace

Hard switch off again. Reboot and login with a different user. System was
extremely sluggish with complete unresponsiveness (Gedenkminute) in between.
Booting into an older snapshot finally saved me.

Any ideas what this could be?
Cheers
Axel